Welcome back to the BLOG.
There is much exciting news to share.
For complete details on concerts, workshops and other events, visit the CALENDAR.
• EDUCATOR NEWS •
Two-day Workshop: Sat. April 6 & 13 130 - 430pm
DYNAMIC EAR TRAINING
This special two-session intensive workshop will connect the EAR, GUITAR and VOICE to balance and enhance your overall musicianship. Empirically proven methods from over 35 years of university level EAR TRAINING teaching and guest educator seminars.
• RECORDINGS •
• DIÁLOGOS DUO DEBUT CD
"Homages to Brazilian Masters" features the first two suites I composed for the duo and the first piece for solo bass clarinet:
Diálogos for Clarinet and Guitar
Diálogos for Bass Clarinet and Guitar and
Choro Branco for Bass Clarinet Solo
The release is available in both physical and digital download formats.
Stay tuned for 2019 CD release concert dates.
• PERFORMANCE NEWS •
• International Clarinet Association (ICA) 2019 Convention, July 24, Knoxville, Tenn.
The Duo will present a feature concert at ClarinetFest 2019, the largest and most prestigious clarinet convention in the world. The repertoire performed at the concert will be from our CD.
Soon a special ICA CONVENTION PAGE will be created.
• DUO BRASILEIRO (myself and Gustavo Amarante on bass except March 31) will perform at the following venues in early 2019:
• ONDERDONK HOUSE (Ridgewood, Bklyn) Sat. March 2
• GREAT NECK HOUSE (Long Island) Sun. March 31
(Itaiguara Brandão, bass)
Visit Duo Brasileiro's newly updated page which features SEVERAL LIVE TRACKS and PHOTOS.
QUARTETO MODERNO has return performances in Westchester at:
• OSSINING LIBRARY Saturday May 11, 200pm
• JAZZ FORUM "Brazilian Sundays" Sunday May 19, Sets at 400 & 600pm
SEE CALENDAR FOR MORE INFO
• NEW COMPOSITIONS •
I have recently completed three new multi-movement works for the Duo:
• A DOZEN CHORO TRIBUTES (Uma Dúzia de Choros-Homenagens)
The twelve pieces pay homage Choro composers and musicians spanning 125 years. There will be an informal reading of the piece on May 3. The official premiere will be in the fall.
• IMPRESSIONS OF MINAS (Impressões de Minas), also in twelve movements. Paying tribute to the wondrous music and composers from the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais, including Milton Nascimento, Toninho Horta and Sérgio Santos.
• SÉCULO, a centennial tribute to my father in eight movements. Although the work is primarily Brazilian in nature, the main piece "O Caminho Escuro" is totally middle-eastern/Balkan in character.
Including these new works, there are now forty-six pieces I have composed for Diálogos Duo since 2017.
Definitive scores will become available for sale once final revisions are made.
• PRIVATE STUDY NEWS •
• In addition to my in-studio students, my online teaching continues to expand.
The main apps I use are Skype and FaceTime.
For more INFO on DISTANCE LEARNING and PREPAID BLOCK RATE DISCOUNTS visit my PRIVATE STUDY PAGE.
Visit the CALENDAR and this BLOG frequently for all the latest composer news and performance details.
Thank you very much for your interest and support of my work, and if you'd like to be added to my E-MAIL list to receive periodic announcements, visit the CONTACT PAGE and send a quick message.